· Perform his duties and responsibilities to the highest standard possible.
· Carry out inspection rounds of all machinery rooms and report any situation that requires attention.
· Carry out visual inspections of all guest public area sand report defects.
· Immediately reporting any occurrence or situation that he feels is dangerous or has the potential to cause business interruption to the Manager on Duty.
· Carry out any task, function or action detailed to him by the Team Leader that may be reasonably expected of him in performance of his duties as a Technician Engineering.
· Ensure discipline and obedience to all statutory laws and company polices by engineering department team members.
· Ensure complete compliance to company grooming standards at all times within the engineering department.
· Ensure all Handymen assigned to him are supervised, taking responsibility for the professional growth and personal welfare.
· Assist Engineering Department with the operation, maintenance, upgrade and installation of all building systems including (but not limited to);
o Extra Low Voltage
o Sound Systems
o Audio Visual Systems
o Building Automation System
o Telephone & Data
o Heating, Air Conditioning & Ventilation
o Building Structure & Envelope
o Pools and water features
o Sanitary Systems
o Plumbing Systems
· Assist in Energy Conservation by ensuring all machines are cleaned, and maintained to the highest standard. Turning off all unnecessary equipment and reporting all leaks and wasted energy situations.
· Assist the Engineering Department to supervise contract workers, ensuring the highest standard of work and strict adherence to all safety standards.
· Recommend to Team Leaders and Managers any suggestion to improve standards, reduce costs or increase safety.
· Adhere to the OHG Fire Life & Safety Matrix to ensure optimum performance of the properties essential services during an emergency situation.
· Prepare for, participate in, and follow up on the OHG Annual Fire Life & Safety Audit.
· Carry out the role of Emergency Response Team Member or Support team Member as assigned to him.
· Champion the fire safety campaign amongst all other Team Members in the property.
· Assist the Engineering Department in rectifying all defects and responding to all breakdown requests in the most efficient and professional manner possible.
· Ensure a safe work environment to all Team Members.