· Manage, organize and ensure the smooth running of your particular section.
· Assist in the planning, schedule, record and training of new and existing staff in order to meet all standards required by the management of the resort.
· Together with the Head Chef, assists in preparing duty rosters, taking expected volumes of business into consideration.
· Assist in reducing the overall food cost within given guidelines as well as other kitchen related expenses by controlling requisitions and maintaining adequate stock levels.
· Professionally active, self-motivated and involved in every aspect of the kitchen operation. Supervises, directs, guides and corrects kitchen staff when necessary.
· Ensures all dishes are uniform in content, taste, presentation and established portion sizes are adhered to.
· Takes a professional interest in constantly maintaining a high standard of food preparation by checking it for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
· Makes suggestions to the Head Chef concerning improvements, which lead to a higher guest satisfaction and overall departmental profit.
· Aware of the resort regulations, policies and procedures to do with hygiene, discipline, fire & safety.
· Responsible that wastage and spoilage is kept to a minimum by constantly checking all food storage and production, ensuring that daily stocks are kept at a minimum level.
· Stay’s updated with the developments of food trends worldwide and make’s appropriate suggestions to the Head Chef.