We are looking to hire an experienced housekeeping supervisor to oversee all duties performed by our housekeeping staff. The housekeeping supervisor’s responsibilities include assigning tasks to the housekeeping staff, identifying and reporting cases of tardiness, and monitoring cleaning supplies. You should also inform management of any equipment or furniture in need of repair or replacement and ensure that the housekeeping staff complies with all safety and sanitation policies.
To be successful as a housekeeping supervisor, you should be able to develop and implement strategies to improve the functioning of the housekeeping department. Ultimately, an exceptional housekeeping supervisor should have excellent management skills and be able to ensure that housekeeping operations run efficiently.
Housekeeping Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Assigning housekeeping tasks to staff and inspecting work to ensure that the prescribed standards of cleanliness are met.
- Scheduling staff shifts and organizing replacements as required.
- Investigating and addressing complaints regarding poor housekeeping service.
- Providing training to the housekeeping staff.
- Regularly taking inventory of cleaning supplies and ordering stock as needed.
- Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to housekeeping staff as needed.
- Screening housekeeping applicants and recommending promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
- Performing various cleaning duties in instances of staff shortages.
Housekeeping Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven housekeeping or hospitality experience.
- Working knowledge of housekeeping.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.