The Accounts Coordinator assist the supervisor of the Accounts Payable Section and is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and payment of all accounts payable. He/She shall be familiar with the chart of accounts and have a basic accounting knowledge.
- Ensure that all invoices are properly approved for payment.
- Prepare prompt and accurate allocation of all accounts payable on a time basis for posting.
- Prepare input to the computer on a daily basis.
- Make prompt payment of all invoices, noting discounts wherever possible.
- Undertake all special projects assigned by the Financial Controller.
- Separate all invoices pertaining to pre-paid expenses for further recording and posting.
- Check arithmetic accuracy of invoices and assign account codes.
- Reconcile the accounts payable aging report to the supplier’s statement at month end.
- Report any deviations from established procedures in purchasing or approval of invoices.