Prepares and cooks food according to standard procedures, recipe cards, photographs and given instructions. Assists the Sous Chef in training associates
Participates in product development and in controlling the smooth operation of the kitchen. Prepares and cooks food in all areas of the kitchen as and when directed.
Participates in the control of associates. Participates in associate’s development Participates in the control of food quality, food taste, food presentation, and food requisition.
Must be completely responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the area assigned to as per the following duties.
- Prepares food for guests and associates efficiently, economically, and hygienically as per the standard recipes following the standards and procedures.
- Hands on supervision of work operations.
- Assist the Sous Chef in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and to help maintain a high Standard of food preparation and presentation.
- Support the Sous Chef in the overall smooth operation of the kitchen ensuring prompt service at all times.
- Works in all areas of food preparation as and when directed.
- Develops recipe cards and products.
- Participates in development of dishes for menu designs.
- Comply with all hotel and corporate guidelines.
- Have a good knowledge of Western cuisine to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the position in an efficient and productive manner
- Be able to supervise and manage a shift
- Be able to supervise subordinate associates.
- Be willing and able to train and motivate staff
- Must possess the necessary skills to be able to work hands on, and provide on the job training to associates to meet the set standards
- Leadership and training skills
- Basic English communications skills