Prepares and cooks food according to standard procedures, recipe cards, photographs and given instructions. Assists the pastry chef in training associate, participates in product development and in controlling the smooth operation of the pastry kitchen. Prepares and cooks food in all areas of the pastry kitchen as and when directed.
Participates in the control and development associates, participates in the control of pastry quality, pastry taste, pastry presentation, and pastry requisition.
- Assist the pastry chef in the day-to-day operation of the pastry kitchen and to help maintain a high Standard of food presentation and quality of product.
- Prepares food for guests and associates efficiently and economically.
- Ensures pastry kitchen hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the pastry kitchen including storage, cool rooms, Freezers, dry stores.
- Support the pastry chef in the overall smooth operation of the pastry kitchen, ensuring prompt service at all times.
- Participates in making food requisitions.
- Participates in training and developing associates.
- Works in all areas of food preparation as and when directed.
- Ensures safe and correct use of pastry the equipment, tools and machinery.
- Assists the pastry chef in planning and organizing the pastry section.
- Ensures that the standards of uniform, grooming and hygiene are maintained.
- Takes part in all scheduled training at his/her level.
- Supervises the operation in the pastry kitchen
- Prepare buffets decoration items and show pieces.
- Orders pastry food from stores
- Controls the quality of the ingredients purchased and received
- Responsible for the pastry staff hygiene, sanitation, tidiness of the working and Storage areas
- Controls the smooth running and efficiency of the pastry section
- Trains and develops associates
- Develops pastry recipe cards and products
- Participates in pastry menu designs
- Assist with the receiving and storage of pastry goods.
- Clean and maintain pastry the equipment and premises.
- Interact with associates from different department in a professional and positive manner to work effectively in a team.
- Assist pastry chef with the preparation, presentation and storage of pastry.
- Assist pastry chef with the preparation and storage of mise-en-place.
- One to one training to new staff.
- Maintain a safe and secure working Environment.
- Interact with pastry chef and make desserts and pastries from different countries.
- Good Pastry and Bakery Kitchen skills and techniques
- Good Knowledge of Pastry and bakery
- Access and use Food &Beverage computer programs