The Sales Manager - Weddings and Social oversees and directs all aspects of the negotiation and coordination process as well as the successful handling of Weddings and Social events as assigned. This role leads the Sales team to ensure smooth operation of the department to maximize business opportunities and deliver the highest service standards.
What will I be doing?
As the Sales Manager - Weddings and Social, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Complete the relevant Hilton University courses promptly and pass the tests.
• Be familiar with hotel product knowledge and related activities.
• Responsible for the promotion and sales of all products of the hotel, including but not limited to rooms, catering, banquets, etc.
• Complete sales targets and related tasks set by the hotel.
• Develop sales plans and obtain approval from the Assistant Director of Sales or Commercial Manager, maintaining and developing customers in the region or industry according to the plan.
• Understand customer needs through telephone sales, face-to-face visits and other forms, achieving sales.
• Produce quotations efficiently, send contracts to customers and follow-up promptly.
• Show clients around the hotel.
• Operate the hotel reservation system to book rooms, banquet venues, etc.
• Send the team’s work order promptly and ensure that the relevant departments receive relevant information.
• Establish a good relationship with customers, maintaining the update of customer information and promptly report customer needs and feedback to the hotel.
• Recommend other hotel chains within the group to clients.
• Proactively collect market and industry information to share with other members of the Sales team to capture business opportunities and ultimately convert to business confirmations.
• Understand and be familiar with all product information of competitors, including key customers and their output, hotel rooms, catering, conference related promotion information, and promptly feedback the information to the Commercial Manager / Assistant Director of Sales.
• Welcome key customers, team leaders and VIPs to the hotel when they arrive.
• Motivate and train department employees and ensure that they perform well.
• Ensure effective communication between the Sales team and the hotel Operations team through regular meetings.
• Handle guest feedback or complaints.
• Maximize sales at all times and effectively forecast team and banquet revenue.
• Actively participate in the development of marketing plans and collaborate to achieve budgets.
• Conscientiously perform assigned tasks and special tasks.
• Design new hotel products in advance according to market demand, set sales targets, and be responsible for related publicity and sales.
• Organize regular customer experience in the hotel, or organize team building with important / potential customers, maintaining and developing customer relations.
• The department reserves the right to change or supplement the job description if necessary.
A Sales Manager - Weddings and Social serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Hospitality: Volunteer to provide unparalleled hospitality.
• Integrity: Do what you should do all the time.
• Leadership: Strive to be a leader in both your industry and your community.
• Teamwork: Actively promote teamwork spirit in all work.
• Ownership: take responsibility for your actions and make decisions.
• Now: Operate with urgency and discipline.
• Junior College degree.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience (weddings and social) in international hotel chains.
• Good English and Malay reading and writing skills to meet business needs.
• Good communication skills.
• Able to work under strong pressure.
• Understand local customers and have strong market analysis ability.
• Have certain customer resources.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!