Assist the Executive Housekeeper in overseeing the general operation, cleanliness and maintenance of all areas under the Housekeeping Department.
Responsibility and Authority
- Take charge of the department in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Assist in the organizing and scheduling of all works in the department with maximum efficiency.
- Inspect all public areas and staff locker rooms and supervise inspections of all areas in a frequent and unvarying schedule. Pay particular attention to the presence of odor, insects, termites or vermin.
- Daily check on the quality of the cleaning in guest room with particular attention to suites, VIP rooms and show rooms.
- Supervise all the staff in their works and resolve any problems encountered expeditiously.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance in all areas under the Housekeeping Department.
- Ensure that all works are carried out according to the department’s procedures and policies.
- Creative in festive decoration at public areas.
- Train, motivate and evaluate staff in the department.
- Supervise and prepare the issue of maintenance work request and maintain a follow up file to ensure that all maintenance work request are completed.
- Handle any request complaints, missing items or damages and report to the Executive Housekeeper immediately. In his absence, investigate accordingly.
- Maintain close working relationships between the Housekeeping Department and the other departments especially Front Office, Food and Beverage, Engineering and Security department.
- Inform the Executive Housekeeper daily and adequately of any and new development pertaining to order and requisitions involving replacement and change of room equipment.
- Promote good communication with all staff and conduct morning and afternoon briefing to the staff.
- Plan and organize monthly training and crash programs for all staff so as to enhance the standards required for guest rooms and public areas.
- Liaise with Duty Manager on missing items in guest rooms and any other unusual happening in the guest rooms and public areas.