Junior Sous Chef
Hire Date : November 2023
Salary: RM2,800.00 – RM3,200.00
· Manage, organize and ensure the smooth running of your particular kitchen section.
· Assist in the planning, schedule, record and training of new and existing staff in order to meet all standards required by the management of the resort.
· Assist and reporting to Executive Chef, assists in preparing duty rosters, taking expected volumes of business into consideration.
· Assist in reducing the overall food cost within given guidelines as well as other kitchen related expenses by controlling requisitions and maintaining adequate stock levels.
· Professionally active, self-motivated and involved in every aspect of the kitchen operation. Supervises, directs, guides and corrects kitchen staff when necessary.
· Ensures all the food presentation are uniform in content, taste, presentation and established portion sizes are adhered to.
· Takes a professional interest in constantly maintaining a high standard of food preparation by checking it for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
· Makes suggestions to the Executive Chef concerning improvements, which lead to a higher guest satisfaction and overall departmental profit.
· Aware of the hotel regulations, policies and procedures to do with hygiene, discipline, fire & safety.
· Responsible that wastage and spoilage is kept to a minimum by constantly checking all food storage and production, ensuring that daily stocks are kept at a minimum level.
· Stay's updated with the developments of food trends worldwide and make's appropriate suggestions to the Executive Chef.
· Must possess at least SPM/STPM/Diploma for any discipline
· Diploma in culinary art is a plus
· Minimum 2-3 year working experience
· Work experience in the hotel industry is a bonus
· Required skill(s): Passionate, excellent communication and organizational skills
· Working Day: 6 Days Per-Week (1 Rest Day)
· Working Hour: (Rotation Shift)
· Public Holiday, Annual Leave, Medical Leave
· Staff Meal, Free Parking
· EPF, SOCSO & EIS