Responsible for maintaining courteous and competent rooms operation and services to hotel guests.
Responsibility and Authority
- Interview applicants for the Front Office whenever required and make recommendations on suitable candidates.
- Responsible for the daily administrative work of the Front Office.
- Provide immediate reference to staff during the shift.
- Double check duty rosters for the Front Office sections and sign log book of various sections.
- Make every effort to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of hotel guests.
- Represent the Management in handling all guest grievances and complaints concerning services from all areas of operation.
- Conduct departmental training to staff and report the progress of their performance.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancies as much as possible.
- Review and understand revenues and occupancy forecasts.
- Ensure effective allocation of work among various sections and shifts.
- Provide specific instructions to relative sections in the Hotel to ensure that VIP guests are received properly.
- Supervise personal grooming, haircut and staff behavior at the counters.
- Recommend improvement in term of guest service, increase revenue, reduce costs and improve staff’s job performance.
- Ensure all reports prepared by the Front Office sections are accurate
- Station and supervise the Front Desk whenever possible.
- Be fully familiar with the hotel policies and emergency procedures.