Assist the Chief Engineer in supervising, coordinating and directing the activities of the Engineering staff and in overall administration of the Engineering Department.
Responsibility and Authority
- Assist the Chief Engineer in implementing maintenance and repair of all machinery, equipment, apparatus and fixtures and preventive maintenance programs in the Hotel.
- Prepare the working schedules of all Engineering staff including their shifts, days off and annual leave.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in the training of staff according to establish procedures and standards.
- Compile and submit daily activities report on operations, repair, maintenance and special projects.
- Keep accurate records of machine breakdowns, repairs and operating costs.
- Monitor engineering logs, utility data and the operating efficiency of power and plant.
- Log daily energy consumption and perform energy audit.
- Ensure the implementation of control procedures in Engineering storeroom. Check and verify all deliveries and control the issuing of engineering supplies and tools.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in planning and implementing industrial, occupational and fire safety programs and ensure that fire and safety rules and regulations are complied with .
- Prepare all electrical billings for the hotel concessionaires.
- In-charge of equipment and supplies inventory. Conduct monthly stock count and submit report to the Chief Engineer.
- Implement preventive maintenance programs on guest rooms, public areas and kitchen installations.
- Prepare cost estimates for job orders to be performed by Engineering staff or outside contractor.
- Supervise all the staff in their works and resolve any problems encountered expeditiously.
- Ensure that all works are carried out according to the department's procedures and policies.
- Ensure that all staffs comply with the rules, regulations and policies established by the Hotel.
- Check and ensure that Maintenance Orders for maintenance and repair works requested by other departments are efficiently and expeditiously carried out.
- Maintain close working relationship with other departments especially Front Office, Food and Beverage and Housekeeping Department.
- Be fully familiar with Emergency Procedures as established by the Hotel.