OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION:
To manage and deliver the development of Banquet & Catering & Meetings & Events by achieving the monthly budget/forecast whichever is higher for the hotel, within the Events segment (which includes Banquet & Catering).
- To achieve the monthly budget/forecast whichever is higher for the hotel, for Events segment.
- To ensure that customer satisfaction is the key driver for all sales initiatives and strategies.
- To ensure a high level of exposure both within the hotel and in local market areas through direct sales solicitation (meaning sales calls into market as well as internal sales appointments within hotel) telephone contacts and written communications.
- To ensure standards of excellence in performance are achieved both within sales related responsibilities and as an ambassador for sales with other team players throughout the hotel.
- At Grand Millennium KL, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure all “B & C & group” enquiries/proposals are turned around within same day to clients.
- To maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethic and attitude towards client and colleagues as an ambassador for Grand Millennium KL
- To maximize daily sales call (2-5) into the field or within hotel where leadership examples drive sales effectiveness with team players.
- To prepare monthly and review account managers “Hit list” of competitor key accounts as part of key objectives to convert these accounts to Grand Millennium KL. Submit to Director of Sales & Marketing for review. To monitor conversion rate of these.
- To review on monthly basis Delphi for catering & events accounts based on room night production, average rate to ensure accounts are achieving revenue or room night production requirements. Update Director of Sales & Marketing where revenue is below pace required for the month
- To recommend and prepare master list of yearly sales blitz requirements for the hotel based on events with promotional rate offers within local market and nearby feeder markets to increase bookings to remain updated on competitor hotels rates and packages updating Director of Sales & Marketing of these.
- To arrange & attend BEO meetings as required by Grand Millennium KL per event calendar, ensure these are arranged in timely manner for operational team, and that all relative data is shared and communicated to all concerned within hotel both upwards and downwards.
- To achieve room night and B & C targets monthly for Events sourcing new business or following and reviewing monthly (last year) bookings to ensure follow up and sourcing on new business is ongoing.
- To follow through from initial negotiations-proposal, turning tentative, until definite, then to keep updated on client requirements throughout the event until client departure (check set ups, are to required standard, run through check list with B & C operations, billing is on track with finance) thru departure and to be the co-ordination contact for of all Events at Grand Millennium KL.
- To develop Creative offers, packages as they relate to Banquet & Catering & Events, to support driving increase to revenue for Events.
- To achieve daily targeted level of sales call. Quality sales call 4-5 per day).
- To achieve weekly standard of 2 client per week for site inspection and entertainment at the hotel. These are to be qualified potential accounts or new accounts for the hotel.
- To ensure the hotels rates structure is adhered to at all times.
- To monitor competitor market conditions including events held, rates, average rates and account movements on an ongoing basis to ensure the hotel maintains its competitive edge. Update changes Director of Sales & Marketing.
- To develop new business leads for the hotel on weekly basis (2 accounts per week is the minimum standard).
- To maximizes up selling opportunities whenever possible.
- To be performance and result driven.
- To participate in development of marketing plan, sales action plan, profit plan, and marketing audits.
- To manage function space utilization and holding period of tentative groups to maximize catering revenue.
- To manage group bookings in relation to meeting room availability, as well as monitor hotel occupancy demand and customer spending potential to maximize rooms and other revenue