Objective of the position
- Seeks and maximizes business opportunities focus on Japan and Korea market fr all segments, Group, Corporate, Travel Agents, trading, property and government (including Embassy in Malaysia) through sales calls and other means of solicitation.
- Acts as a liaison between the hotel and Japanese and Korean clients in order to achieve maximum returns, taking into consideration the client’s requirements.
- Provides feedback on market information trends and competitor activities in order to assist with the achieving of sales objectives and targets.
- Maintains regular contact with assigned accounts through sales calls, telephone and other means in order to obtain business from these accounts.
- Informs existing and potential accounts of activities in the hotel and solicits for new business.
- Researches and identifies new prospects for follow up in order to maximize market share.
- Enters into negotiation on behalf of the hotel as and when required to do so, taking care not to exceed the limit of authority.
- Meets guests regularly to identify guest expectations and needs, and communicates guest requirements to Director of Sales.
- Nurture and maintain new and existing customer relationships
- Attends Sales & Marketing meetings and other relevant meetings when required.
- Handles any client’s compliments or complaints and ensures proper feedback to management for communication or rectification by concerned departments.
- Entertains supporting and prospective clients, in order to maintain or develop long lasting and growing business relationships.
- Participates in planning and realization of sales campaigns together with the Director of Sales within defined market segments.
- Conducts hotel inspections when required.
- Identifies competitors, reports their promotions, function activities and marketing activities or any market intelligence to management.
- Submits weekly activity report, call schedules and business secured according to quotas required.
- Submits relevant monthly reports (i.e. Production, Forecasts and etc) for better sales management.
- Accurately updates client records on relevant information and discussions entered.