The Front Office Executive (FOE) is responsible for planning, organising, coordinating, staffing, directing, controlling and evaluating all operations of the department.
The FOE must develop long term plans while resolving daily operational issues across the entire spectrum of the department. A thorough understanding of the various components of the department organisation and functions and management system is critical to the ability to lead and guide effectively.
This also applies in providing the managerial guidance and supervision for the Housekeeping Section represented by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
1. To ensure that the respective cash floats of the Front Office Assistance are always properly maintained and procedures in opening / closing the float are adhered to. To be alert to ensure that be responsible for the safekeeping of the personal cash float, including changing to smaller denominations and the depository at the end of a respective shift.
2. To be able to up sell room accommodation during high occupancy to maximize revenue.
3. To provide courteous and efficient service to all in-house and city guests. To ensure all complaints and requests are immediately solved and followed through with relevant supporting departments.
4. To greet all guests in a service oriented manner.
5. To be familiar with the Hotel Management System and coordinate with the MIS Manager with periodical system maintenance.
6. To be responsible for the assignment and blocking of rooms for arriving guests, especially VIPs and groups. Ensuring all allocated rooms is assigned according to requirements and to ensure no double allocating.
7. To be able to check-in guest in a prompt and efficient manner. To update guest particulars in the system accurately and state clearly the method of payment.
8. To ensure that any unusual happenings and incidences and all important matters still pending for follow through actions are duly recorded in the FOA Log Book.
9. To ensure that the preparation of all the necessary material for check-in of any groups is done promptly.
10. To ensure that all cashiering transactions are balanced. Any discrepancies must be reported to the Hotel Manager for correction.
11. To update and maintain efficiently the current room status and to inform the Superiors, should their attention be needed.
12. To facilitate smooth check-in / out procedures.
13. To implement effective key control procedures.
14. To be able to propose and initiate better procedures of performing operation tasks.
15. To be responsible for the sufficient stock of all supplies, such as printing material, forms and stationeries. To initiate replenishment as and when deem necessary.
16. Constantly check on all forms of correspondences, such as messages / mails / parcels are promptly delivered.
17. To coordinate with Housekeeping Department to solve room discrepancies.
18. Able to handle guest complaints and report to Superior the nature of complaints and action taken.
19. Ensure hotel guests are registered in accordance with Front Office policies and procedures.
20. To submit the attendance report and overtime requests by 20th of each month to the Human Resource Department.
21. To assist the Hotel Manager in formulating / setting up / updating / the Front Office Department standards and Policies and Procedures.
22. To undertake any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
23. To perform other duties assigned by the Management from time to time.