- Report directly to the Front Office Manager and concurrently responsible to the General Manager on all matters of importance affecting guest services and general hotel operations.
- Has a very close working relationship with Front Office Manager.
- Co-ordinate and co-operate with all other departments as and when required and has a good working relationship with all Heads of Department and the Sales and Marketing team.
- Has a strong relationship and interaction with all hotel guests, visitors and members of the local community.
- Handle all levels of associates professionally.
- The Duty Manager should present himself/herself as a senior representative of managers in the handling of all guest requests and complaints concerning services affecting the hotel operations.
- Assist, help and supervise the Reception, Reservation and call centre
- Ensure there is a healthy and strong communication link between the various Front Office divisions and other departments.
- Is responsible for ensuring all guests are offered a faultless and speedy check-in, with the emphasis being that all guests are pre-registered and checked-in, in their respective rooms.
- Should assist and help when groups, incentive bookings, VIPs special guests or banquet guests arrive. Must ensure all facilities are ready to check on details of the arrangements and liaise with Front Office Manager or Director of Sales to meet guests if necessary.
- Should assist in checking VIP, regular guest and CIP (Commercially Important People) details, the accuracy of guest billings, credit policies and other visitation details.
Should aim to check and assist the Front Office Assistant and Housekeeping Supervisors in spot-checking a few rooms at random and all suites or speciality rooms that are to be occupied on the day.
Is responsible for maintaining a high quality standard of service offered and other guest service areas in the lobby. Should assist in these areas whenever necessary.
Is well versed on the functions for the day and VIP movements, if any. Coordinates with Security and Concierge on manning deployment and special instructions i.e. lift movement, red carpet set up and etc.
Reports directly to the Front Office Manager and concurrently to the General Manager regarding important information, problems, complaints and the relevant actions taken, on and on-going basis throughout the day.
- Is responsive and receptive to guest complaints, should analyse; and within the limitation set; make correct and quick decisions to ensure total guest satisfaction, whilst also protecting the hotel’s property and revenues.
- Ensures briefings and shift handovers are carried out in a professional and regular manner.
- Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of all areas directly pertaining to hotel operations, closely scrutinising to ensure all minimum standards are met and exceeded.
- Co-ordinates with Security in the investigation of irregularities and stands witness to the breaking of safety deposit boxes and when necessary.
- Assists the Safety and Security Manager in conducting investigations as and when necessary. Assists in guest feedback.
- Is fully responsible for all emergency cases in the absence of the General Manager Front Office Manager and Department Heads. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable with the hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Ensures that all guest feedback is updated in PMS accurately and consistently. Does spot check on associate’s updates.
- Shall take control over small emergency situation and exercise authority and retains confidentiality on cases at all times.
- Updates associates on room rate charges and sales & marketing programmes.
- Updates associates on rules and policies governing special promotions and that their production is tracked.
- Ensures that room rates, which have been updated by reservations, are followed.
- Must assist, to promote and up-sell inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities whenever possible.
- Is responsible to ensure all departments maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress code, hygiene, uniform, appearance and posture according to the minimum standards set.
- Ensures superior grooming for Front of the house associate
Responsible for ensuring all guest areas and public areas are maintained to maximum cleanliness and tidiness, and liaise with Engineering or Housekeeping on all arising matters regarding repairs, cleanliness or refreshing.