1. Room Attendant Supervision and Training
- Assist with and sometimes perform Daily Briefings for Room Attendants each morning
- Assist with Training during Daily Briefings to correct any issues brought up from the previous day and enhance staff knowledge and skills
- Ensure Room Attendants maintain correct appearance- in uniform and grooming
- Ensure Room Attendants are following all Hotel standards and SOP’s throughout shift
- Conduct spot checks on Room Attendant Performance regularly. Train all new Room Attendants on the proper procedures for cleaning rooms
- Encourage and motivate staff to achieve high standards of work and meet targets
2. Room Inspections
- Inspect each guest room after the Room Attendants have finished cleaning them.
- Ensure that each and every guest room has been cleaned to Hotel Maluri’s high standards for cleanliness, hygiene and safety and all checklist items completed.
- Ensure that no room status is changed to “Vacant Clean” until it has fully been inspected and any outstanding issues resolved.
- Report any maintenance issues in each room and ensure guest is not able to check into a room with maintenance issues.
- Ensure any Lost Property is reported and filed properly and communicated to Managers.
- Update Status of each room throughout day to HSKG Management and Front Desk.
3. Housekeeping Administration
- Ensure relevant messages are passed to Managers and other Departments
- Answer and action all radio messages from Front Desk, Room Attendants and Managers
- Coordinate activities with Front Desk and ensure clear lines of communication
- Coordinate with Management, Front Desk and F&B regarding special arrangements and requests for Guests, VIP’s and VVIP.
- Check Daily Arrival and Departure List to ensure that we have enough staff to clean each room and note and action any special requests such as early arrival or late departure
- Respond to all Guest Requests in a timely and urgent manner
- Record and Action any Guest Feedback and report to Managers or other departments
- Report any defective equipment to the relevant departments
- Maintain good working and communicating relationships with all departments and members of staff
*Performing any other request as directed by Housekeeping or Hotel Management that is commensurate with the role