Hotel Maluri, a longstanding independent boutique hotel, is being thoughtfully re-imagined to combine the best of Malaysian hospitality and charm. The owners have sought to bring the finest elements of design, service and cuisine to an authentic and unique local neighborhood that reflects the diversity of Malaysia.
As part of that reimagining, we are seeking a Sales Coordinator who will provide support and administrative assistance to our Sales Executive, cultivate close relationships with our clients and work hard to implement and carry out our new sales strategy and goals.
The role will consist of providing sales support and administrative assistance to the Sales Executive via: responding to enquiries from social media, email, phone and in-person contact, soliciting business through outreach, the creation and preparation sales materials such as Event Orders, Invoices, Request for Proposal replies etc., collating client information and enquiries into a usable database, working to create products and packages that meet our client’s needs, conducting showrounds for potential clients, servicing key accounts and always working to develop relationships with our clients with an aim towards a more active sales role in future.
This role will most importantly require timely and accurate information on our products and services to be provided both to potential clients as well as to the hotel’s various departments.
The successful candidate will need to be highly organized, dependable, flexible and able to work well both independently and within a team with excellent interpersonal and communication skills as they will be a central point of reference for colleagues and clients alike by providing information, feedback, documentation and ongoing ideas and suggestions to better our property’s offerings and service.
- Enquiries- Respond to any and all enquiries on the hotel’s products and services in a timely, professional manner and with accurate pricing and information.
- Showrounds- Showing potential clients around Hotel Maluri while ensuring the best possible viewing experience and impressions for them. Must be well-versed in features, amenities, pricing.
- Outreach- Proactively reaching out to existing clients, prior clients, enquiry clients and potential new clients to ascertain their needs, assess their potential for additional sales and cultivate potential relationships going forward.
- Client Care and Service- Working with the Sales Executive to ensure that every client event and booking goes smoothly, that clients are cared for and their needs met at all times and that feedback is solicited to better improve the client relationship and retain business going forward. You will at all times work to maintain and grow client relationships.
- Key Accounts- Working with the Sales Executive you will develop a list of Key Accounts for Hotel Maluri. Cultivating and maintaining these key accounts will be a priority at all times.
- Documentation- Assist the Sales Executive with the creation and preparation of sales documents such as Event Orders, Invoices, Request for Proposal replies and other supporting sales documents.
- Reporting- Assist the Sales Executive with the preparation of weekly and monthly Sales Reports as well as maintaining the Events Calendar and distributing it to all departments regularly.
- Database- Maintain database of all enquiries and client information, filing important documents, and communicating relevant information to all parties.
- Coordination- Act as a central point of reference between Sales & Marketing, Operations and F&B, maintaining close relationships with each department and ensuring that all are kept fully updated.
- Meetings- Attend all relevant Sales & Marketing and Operations Meetings and ensure that all needed materials are prepared and that you communicate clearly and accurately the specifics of the events being held and enquiries and projects underway.
- Experience in Hotel Sales and Marketing is essential.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and knowledge of social media is required.
- Strong Administrative skills are required.-
- Keen eye for detail and good numeracy skills.
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia required.
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
- A Team Player with high level of dedication.
- Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving and a “Can Do” attitude.
- Prioritization, Organization and Time-Management skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and maintain high level of performance.
- Reliability, Integrity, Honesty.