As a kitchen intern, you need to follow training standards of the kitchen to prepare high quality food taste and food presentation. You are to ensure an efficient and smooth food service at all times.
Your main tasks are:
• Assist the food preparation and food production in order to deliver consistent food quality
• Assist on food preparation, set-up, service, clean up and restocking of the appropriate prep areas of food
• Upkeep of public food & beverage areas, responsible to replenish vitrines, breakfast and when applicable
• Full ownership of cleanliness of kitchen area
• Following daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule to ensure longevity of kitchen operating equipment and utensils
• Ensure food safety according to trained food handling methods
• Assist on stock take and stock control based on pre-set PAR levels
• Adherence to health and safety systems and processes to maintain a safe working environment within the kitchen
• Assist to prepare and present the food & beverage for societyM
• To minimize spoilage and wastage by utilizing food surpluses and portion control
• To minimize spoilage and wastage in preparing and storing food items according to training standards
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
• Your shift is on rotation and to be based on the duty roster