Reports to the Director of Human Resources. Responsible for developing and implementing learning strategies and designing e-learning courses. He/she must also be able to assess training and development needs, create and execute training plans, evaluate training program effectiveness and manage training budgets.
Strong communication, project management, and budgeting skills are required. Proven related experience and knowledge of effective learning methods are essential.
• To develop and implement learning strategies and programs
• Designs or recommends suitable e-learning courses, career plans, workshops, etc
• Assess the success of development plans and help staff make the most of learning opportunities
• Helps managers develop their team members through career pathing
• Conducts Training Needs Analysis for management and supervisory staff to identify and
determines training needs.
• Prepares hotel’s annual training budget and planner and ensure it is line with the operational
• Conducts hotel orientation and generic training for hotel staff
• Sets performance standard for departmental trainers
• Develops and reviews policies, procedures, forms and format relating to training
• Recruits quality trainees to fill operational needs & for future hiring purpose
• Manages trainees and handling issues related to them
• Sources for external benchmark training to meet hotel training report.
• Audits departmental training periodically to ensure they are conducted in a professional manner
and according to instructions.
• Sources for appropriate legal compliance training and is responsible for maintaining proper legal
compliance training files.
• Tracks and ensure all staff attend legal compliance training related to their positions
• Maintains and update records of all training programs conducted/attended.
• Manages & maximizes Human Resources Development Fund and process all claims on timely
• At least 5 years of proven experience in training, learning and development, preferably within the
• Familiar with e-learning platforms and practices
• Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
• Able to organise and maintain accurate training records
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Able to work under pressure while managing training and multiple deadlines
• University / College degree or Diploma in a related discipline preferred
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Familiar and experience in preparing annual training budget and HRDC application