The Chinese Banquet Chef is responsible for ensuring that the Makan and banquet kitchen operates as a successful profit centre by planning, organizing, directing and controlling production and administration in accordance with our defined standards. To supervise the preparation and presentation of all dishes ensuring that all culinary objectives are maintained.
1. To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
2. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
3. To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
4. To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
5. To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
6. To ensure that the department’s operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled in accordance with the approved budgets.
7. To ensure that all Food Safety System polices and guidelines are followed and implemented.
8. Closely monitor food requirements in the banquet and outlets ensuring all incoming food items are of correct quality, quantity and are received, handled and transported to outlets as per FSS requirements.
9. To develop and build a solid and stable team environment and to coach and develop all subordinates.
10. To identify market needs and trends in terms of food items for banquets and all outlets and convey these to all subordinates.
11. To maintain a kitchen environment that promotes flair, creativity and consistency in the quality of food taste and presentation.
12. Maintain a good relation with Banquet manager and outlet Sous chefs in order to discuss and decide on Banquet and outlet food related issues, various activities and menus.
13. Ensure that all daily Market List orderings are checked and reflect the Restaurant / Banquet level of business.
14. To have regular guest contact and make sure guest profile data base is maintained. To meet as many guest as possible before, during and after every meal period.