We are looking for an experienced and well-organized Sales Coordinator to provide the necessary support to the field sales team. The successful candidate will become the point of reference for colleagues and customers alike, by keeping schedules and providing feedback, documentation, and information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sales Coordinator primary role is to perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing team e.g. filing, sending emails, typing, faxing, copying, loading special or negotiated rates on to the property management system and Maintaining Customer and company profiles.
Should assist in selling guest rooms, catering services and banquet facilities as directed by the Director of Sales. Also provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, collecting, and processing sensitive data, resolving guest issues and also perform clerical functions.
Sales Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
· Answer telephone and respond to caller inquiries in a pleasant manner.
· Answer client / bookers questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants etc.)
· Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
· Responsible for coordinating internally with the sales & marketing team.
· Generating reports, preparing proposals, collections details, coordinating with clients & suppliers.
· Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, banquet event orders).
· Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g. brochures, promotional materials, sales demo kit, welcome kit, souvenir etc.).
· Generate group and/or corporate leads through internet prospecting, networking, and telemarketing.
· Manage and maintain sales executives and managers schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements.
· Assist sales team by managing schedules, filing important documents, and communicating relevant information.
· Arrange and co-ordinate meetings, events, and any appointments.
· Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
· Interaction with client regarding leads, hotel needs and client travel.
· Meets with clients in the absence of the Director of Sales or Sales Managers to convey details of the sale effectively and professionally to the client.
· Perform hotel site tours with potential clients.
· Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications.
· Design, upload, extract and maintain customer databases.
· Create and manage Company and Travel Agent profiles on the property management system.
· Should know the process of merging profiles.
· Load and Manage Rate Codes to the Hotel Software and link the negotiated rates to the correct company profiles.
· Print Daily Sales reports for each sales manager and submit to Director of Sales.
· Print Sales manager productivity reports for each sales manager and submit to Director of Sales.
· File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
· Conduct research and collect data to prepare reports and documents.
· Coordinates necessary arrangements with vendors relating to sales.
· Establishes strong relationships with vendors to ensure maximization of hotel revenue.
· Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO’s, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time.
· Respond to complaints from customers and give after-sales support when requested.
· Ensure the adequacy of sales-related equipment or material are available at all times.
· Other duties as assigned by Director or sales or the management.
· Speak with others using clear and professional language.
· Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
· Working knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
· Be friendly, customer centric, smile and able to work in a team environment.
Diploma or degree in business management, Good computer skills; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) and Knowledge of sales and marketing modules like Delphi, Opera S&M, Protel S&M etc.
Two or more years of experience working in a hotel, clerical or sales. Previous experience working in a similar role.