At Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, we are a heart-warming family. We share something powerful – our genuine care and respect for others. Our strength lies beyond our harmonious surroundings and hideaway locations. It lies in our core values that guide us to treat each and everyone with honour, as kin, as family. We strive to be the preferred employer by providing great benefits, tranquil and sincere working environment, work-life balance and effort recognitions.
Located at the heart of the Kuala Lumpur city Centre, Traders Hotel by Shangri-La is looking for an Sous Chef/ Chef De Cuisine (Specialty Grill).
As Sous Chef/ Chef De Cuisine (Specialty Grill) we rely on you:
- Control of quality and quantity of produced items.
- Menu Planning & Theme Events & Offering.
- Sets and maintains service standards by clearly describing standards and constantly comparing performance to standards.
- Communicates to Main Kitchen items required for the week for inclusion in the market list on a weekly.
- Coaches, counsels, disciplines employees.
- Oversees scheduling of Specialty Grill outlet staff to ensure maximum productivity.
- Gives feedback to Executive Chef on staffing levels of section to assist in determining staffing levels for the section.
- Monitors performance of Specialty Grill outlet staff and communicates this to each staff either personally or through the Chef de Partie on a regular basis through counseling.
- Ensures the induction of new staff into the section and arranges on-the-job training.
- Assists Executive Chef in determining the training needs of the department.
- Adheres to and enforces Standard Hygiene and Sanitation Measures and practices, at all times, whilst handling, preparing, serving and storing all foodstuffs and other related products or equipment.
- Fully responsible for implementing, training and follow up of all FSMS Policies.
- Knowledgeable in the agreed or and advertised signature dishes and be able to continuously up sell to the guest upon every interaction with guest
- Minimum 8 years pastry experience post-apprenticeship.
- Oral fluency in English and written English.
- Confident and service oriented, motivator and a team builder.
- Good health and physically active.
- Due to work permit restrictions, only citizens of Malaysia and Permanent Residents of Malaysia shall be considered.