Specification for this role:-
- Ensure all guest having a smooth check-in & check-out process.
- Upkeep of front desk in an optimal and effective manner.
- Ensure safety and comfort of hotel guest & employee.
- Good command of English
- Proficient in Mandarin is bonus
- Pleasing personality
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Good communication skill
- To check the arrival file which require special requests like baby cot, extra bed,fruit basket etc. …..
- To register and assign rooms to guest according to individual needs to achieve guest satisfaction.
- To know categories, position, capacity, furnishing and price of every room in the hotel.
- To know procedures for blocking reservations, tour groups and their respective check - in procedure.
- To handle mails, facsimile and messages for the hotel guests, recording all delivery of the messages or parcels in a log book.
- To inform housekeeping on the checked-out rooms.
- Preparation of the welcome cards, breakfast vouchers and etc….
- To be able to handle all “Travel Agent’s Voucher” and be able to handle flight re-confirmation, change or cancellation.
- Be able to prepare for maintenance repair job order and submit for rectification.
- To record all follow ups or information in the log book for the next shift to take over. All comments should be read and initiated. If the follow up has been done status of it should be highlighted.
- Keep constant awareness on the issue of security of the room key.
- To be fluent in English and other languages is an asset.
- To prepare specific reports that are required by the manager and maintain hourly room count.
- To provide information of the hotel, the community and any other attraction or events of interest.
- To maintain cleanliness at the reception desk and tidiness in all work areas and the drawers.
- To be alert and ready without any delay at all to provide immediate attention for approaching guest and to answer telephone calls promptly but courteously. Never let the telephone ring more than three times.
- To take care of any requests and try your best to satisfy the customer needs.
- To be knowledgeable of all areas in the front office and to perform all duties assigned without fail.
- Able to work efficiently and harmoniously with guests and colleagues.
- To take reservations in the absence of the reservation or calls that are directed to the front office.
- To be alert and report any unusual or suspicious occurrence to the Duty Manager or Seniors.
- To be discreet when giving guests names and room numbers over the counter or through the telephone conversation.
- To attend departmental meeting and training program when requested be the management.
- To validate all supportive documents pertaining to billing instruction and deposits.
- To follow and strictly adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations.
- The management may amend or add any tasks to the job description at any given time.
- Maintain guest records and other front office records.
*Fresh Graduate are welcome to apply
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Meal allowance
- Professional development
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Early shift
- Rotational shift