1. Assisting the Assistant Housekeeper on a daily operation of Room section.
2. To prepare room assignment and scheduling for Room Attendants
3. Monitoring the daily room status, discrepancy, arrival, departure, VIP room, stay over and OOO (Out of Order) room status.
4. Carry out room inspection by follow the standard operation procedures.
5. Conduct training to Room Attendant by following the hotel SOP.
6. Check and submit on daily room operation report to Assistant Housekeeper
7. To audit room assignment reports completed by the Room Attendants daily
8. Arrange inventories of linen, chemicals, guest amenities and supplies.
9. To attend and conduct department morning briefing with Room Attendant to update information, special request, consistency in uniform, grooming standards and any matters pertaining to housekeeping and the hotel.
10. Prepares and coordinates annual appraisals Room Attendant and to arrange relevant information for annual salary adjustments where applicable.
11. Take in charge for guest room turn down service at evening shift.
12. Handling and controlling the guest room amenities and guest supplies within allocation of consumption and purchase
13. Liaise closely with front office on occupancy forecast, special request and VIP arrivals
14. Attends to guest complaint promptly and efficiently, understands guest needs and feedback to them within professional manner.
15. Arrange and scheduling thorough cleaning of room during low occupancy
16. Control and handling of room’s key in issuing and returning
17. Assist the Room Attendant during high occupancy and during shortage of manpower due to absenteeism
18. To train the new staffs and provide refreshers training to existing staffs continuously
19. To coordinate a comprehensive training plan on training activities on a quarterly basis and to be reviewed with the Assistant Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper
20. To ensure all lost and found properties are properly recorded and safely kept
21. To follow up closely with Maintenance Department on repairs and job order until completion
22. To be directly involved in staff appreciation and disciplinary issues to ensure high level of motivation and compliance to the Hotel rules and regulations respectively
23. To supervise employees within the department, ensuring the correct standards and methods of service are practiced as spelled in the policies and procedures
24. To supervise the submissions of monthly / assigned reports to all relevant departments
25. To update and accurately maintain PO / Receiving log
26. To maintaining effective discipline and good industrial relations at all times
27. To undertake any other assignment as assigned from time to time by the Assistant Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper.