1. Ability to develop and maintain an elegantly appointed environment, with superior staff, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience for all dining periods.
2. Ability to train, supervises and disciplines all team members.
3. Maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests.
4. Ability to possess a management ability that ensures a successful handling of the outlets
5. Ability to control reservations and seating of the outlet with regards to service standards.
6. Ability to ensure the correct and consistent service techniques for various meal periods will be demonstrated by all team members.
7. Ability to control usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment.
8. Observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the outlets; makes recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
9. To prepare staff schedules, which allow for appropriate service while controlling labor costs and overtime?
10. Communicate with other departments to ensure a supporting team of professionals.
11. Communicate with the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, to discuss menus, marketing strategies and guest comments and concerns.
12. Ensure a safe working environment for all team members within the outlet.
13. Forecast covers and revenues and then schedules accordingly.
14. Prepare daily and weekly OT and PT claims as required by the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
15. Understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service. Also, an expert knowledge of beverages
16. Maintain a daily log for communication between outlet staff and with upper management.
17. Ability to attend and participate in all required meetings.
18. Able to promote teamwork and foster a harmonious working climate.
19. Promote good public relations and handle complaints or concerns of guests.
20. Handle all inventories involved with the operation of the outlet.
21. Properly handle and report team members and guest accidents and able to respond properly in any hotel / Club emergency or safety situation.
22. Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management
23. Ability to lay out goals and develop strategies to accomplish said goals.
24. Continually be aware of departmental needs as they relate to production and staffing
25. Assisting Department Heads in developing job descriptions and reviewing them periodically to ensure their continuing understanding and acceptance.
26. Always controlling standards, performance, employees' conduct, dress code, appearance, sanitation, etc., according to established policies.
27. Formulate and recommend changes to improve employees' performance and teamwork.