Directs, controls and co-ordinates the activities of all cooks engaged in preparing and cooking food, to maintain an efficient, profitable and smooth food service at all times.
2. Develops attractive menus and creates standard recipe cards with pictures according to the resort’s policy.
3. Inspects and monitor storerooms, refrigerators and freezers daily to ensure no wastage. Continuously checks that food products are stored in proper containers at the appropriate storing temperatures.
4. Control costs by minimising spoilage, utilising food surpluses and portion controls.
5. Ensures that only the freshest and highest quality products in the market are purchased for all kitchen outlets.
6. Operates all kitchen outlets at an acceptable food and staff cost. Monitors all kitchen operating costs and takes corrective action, when necessary, to reduce expenses.
7. Ensures that all food is prepared and served according to the standard set by the resort.
8. Does and checks cooking and presentation of food including personally tasting the food.
9. Ensures standard recipes are utilised, and food is presented according to pictures.
10. Ensure that all machine, furniture, equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition at all times. Checks all areas assigned to him in regards to sanitation and hygiene, to prevent contamination of any kind.
11. Ensures the safety of the kitchen area.
12. Ensures that employee’s food is of equal quality to that of the outlet restaurants.
13. To monitor, identify and analyse the menus and products of competitive restaurants / markets.
14. Develop unique and creative menus which meet the needs of target market and in line with the operating concept of the restaurant.
15. Assist the Head Chef to plan and implement effective sales plan and food promotions.
16. Maintains good relations with all departments, to avoid friction of any kind. Responsible for disseminating information all the way to the helper’s level.
17. Maximises employee productivity and morale, whilst consistently maintaining discipline in accordance with hotel guidelines and local legislation. Positively motivates trains and develops all staff in professionalism, organisational skills and team spirit, to perform their duties effectively.
18. Ensures all staff is in proper uniform, well groomed and properly disciplined in accordance with the hotel’s policies, rules and regulations.
19. Reports all accidents, health and safety hazard to the Safety and Health person or Hotel Manager.
20. Responsible for food requisitions, orders and inter-kitchen transfers.
21. Requests maintenance if necessary, and follow up on the completion.
22. Responsible for Duty Roster, Staff Leave, and Attendance Record.