At Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, we are a heart-warming family. We share something powerful – our genuine care and respect for others. Our strength lies beyond our harmonious surroundings and hideaway locations. It lies in our core values that guide us to treat each and everyone with honour, as kin, as family. We strive to be the preferred employer by providing great benefits, tranquil and sincere working environment, work-life balance and effort recognitions.
Located at the heart of the Kuala Lumpur city Centre, Traders Hotel by Shangri-La is looking for a Assistant Director of Food & Beverage (Sky Bar).
As Assistant Director of Food & Beverage (Sky Bar) we rely on you:
- To implement service standards and procedures to ensure that they are achieved and followed by proper training, supervision, and control.
- To be constantly on the lookout for ways and means to improve the smooth running of the restaurant.
- To work closely with the Sous Chef in charge of the Kitchen on quality and cost control of food.
- To co-ordinate with the Chief Steward and Bar service for the backup services.
- Review and updates all department service position descriptions and performance standards with the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Review F&B outlet operations concept as needed.
- Develop measures to maximize productivity of both service and production areas and oversees implementation of said measures.
- To represent and lead F&B team in the absence of Director of Food & Beverage.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Tourism/ Hospitality/ Hotel Management.
- Good command in writing & speaking English. Able to speak other languages will be an added advantage.
- A strong beverage knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years as Assistant F&B/ F&B Manager in a large international class hotel/ 5 years F&B management experience
- Outgoing and people oriented, motivator with effective human relations skills, team builder, Self-starter.
- Good in computer literate, financial knowledge, and ability to work long hours.
- Due to work permit restrictions, only citizens of Malaysia and Permanent Residents of Malaysia shall be considered.