· Prepare food for guests and team members efficiently, economically, and hygienically as per standard recipes and procedures.
· Assist the Sous Chef in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and to help maintain a high standard of food preparation and presentation.
· Plan, prepare and implement high quality food and beverage products, and set-ups in all areas and in the restaurants.
· Work seamlessly with recipes, standards and plating guides.
· Maintain cleanliness and hygiene according to safe and sound procedures as well as established FSMS standards.
· Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation.
· Use all equipment, tools and machines appropriately.
· Work for off-site events when tasked.
· Complete tasks and jobs outside of the kitchen area when requested.
· Assist in inventory taking.
· Knowledgeable of hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and achievements.
· Prepare menus as requested.
· Work closely with the Stewarding department to ensure high levels of cleanliness and low levels of lost and breakages.
· Effectively respond to every guests’ requests.
· Learn and adapt to changes.
· Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards team members and supervisors.
· Adhere to established hotel rules and team member handbook, ensuring all team members under your supervision do so as well for the department to operate smoothly.
· Coordinate, organize and participate in all production pertaining to the kitchen.
· Check and follow-up on the ingredients for the ala carte menus, daily menus, and seasonal specials, maintaining the standards of pre-set recipes, portion control and costing at all times.