To be involved in the setting of department targets and objectives, and to monitor and strive for their achievement.
- To be aware of financial targets as a whole.
- To take positive action to meet department objectives and targets.
- To be commercially aware in order to continuously drive the business forward.
- To be proactive in maximizing sales and generating revenue.
- To input new ideas for service and products to maintain competitive and leading edge.
- To be an effective communicator with guests/clients and at all levels of the venue.
- To assist the Operations Manager in the control of wage costs in line with budgetary requirements.
- To support the Operations Manager in the implementing and/or following of procedures concerning recording of stock movements e.g. correct charging of items, billing.
- To ensure security, functionality and proper handling of company property in the department.
- To ensure stock items behind the bars are always within expiry date.
- To oversee cash and stock control consistently according to company policy.
- To ensure mise-en-place are prepared according to Bars standards.
- To ensure guest drinks are prepared and served according to company standards.
- To ensure accurate stock-takes are carried out according to company policy.
- To be involved in the setting of service and quality standards, and to monitor and strive for their achievement.
- To monitor, anticipate and react to customer needs consistently to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
- To pay attention to detail in all aspects of the customer journey.
- To take prompt action to resolve complaints according to company policy.
- To build positive relationships with clients/guests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To ensure high standards of cleanliness throughout the bars.
- To coach individual team members to develop their skills and maximize performance.
- To give clear direction and guidelines to team members.
- To assist in the resolution of performance problems as necessary and in line with company policy.
- To motivate and be proactive in encouraging team commitment and spirit.
- To delegate and manage distribution of workload effectively.
- To communicate effectively through various methods such as regular briefings/meetings and individual discussions.
- To ensure appearance of team members is according to company policy.
- To share ideas and problems with the team and encourage their input in helping make decisions where possible.
- To ensure rotes and timesheets are compiled accurately and according to legal requirements.
- To supervise the department and team in a fair, consistent and responsible way.
- To communicate effectively with, and cooperate/ assist other departments at all levels when necessary.
- To assist the Operations Manager in the smooth running of the department.
- To assist in ensuring that the department complies with all statutory and legal requirements, including fire, Health and Safety, licensing and employment.
- To have clear working knowledge of all company policies and operate within them at all times.
- To ensure staff awareness of relevant company policies.
- To operate the cash register and collect payments for all sales transactions accurately with full efficiency.
- To ensure proper acceptance of credit cards and know what’s needed to be done when there’s an error/issue.
- Supervising floor crew and assisting to monitor work progress
- To perform any other job duties delegated by the management/ supervisor if necessary.
- Must possess at least Primary/Secondary School/SPM/"O" Level, Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Food & Beverage Services Management, Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent
- With 3 - 4 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean