The Accountant is responsible for General Accounting, ie, general ledger, accounts receivables and accounts payables and the control of assets including the maintenance of fixed assets register and inventory control. He/She is responsible for the administration and production of the offices during the Financial Controller’s absence and must have a complete understanding of all hotel operations and finances. He/She is responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all financial reports emanating from the Accounting Department.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop a working knowledge of all procedures and operations as detailed in the Accounting Manual.
2. Undertake staff planning and preparation of work schedules.
3. Maintain work order system to determine actual against budgeted expenditure.
4. Supervise the storage and destruction of records in accordance with the approved retention schedule.
5. Prepare Depreciation and Amortization Schedule.
6. Review the quality of work originating from the Accounting Department for accuracy, quality and timeliness.
7. Co-operate with internal and external auditors to minimize the cost of auditing and implement their recommendations.
8. Prepare service charge summary report for management by three days after the cut-off date.
9. Ensure that service tax is adjusted and paid before the statutory deadline is reached.