- Responsible for the smooth functioning of the data processing installation including both software and related equipment in the Hotel.
Responsibility and Authority
- Responsible for the planning, co-ordination and implementation of the Hotel’s data processing programmes and activities.
- Monitor and advise on methods of recording, processing and retrieving information.
- Ensure that all databases are adequately copied for contingency plan or back up purpose and that the copied media are properly labeled and stored.
- To be on 24 hour pager standby to support the ERP system in particular the Front Office Systems. In the event of a system fault or failure, to diagnose the problem to ascertain the nature of failure eg. hardware or software problem.
- Offer the line of assistance by telephone. If this method fails, to attend the problem in person as soon as possible. If the problem cannot be solved, to liaise with the hardware or software vendor for assistance.
- Responsible for management of disk storage areas in the system. Any unwanted files shall be deleted periodically.
- Responsible for maintaining all user passwords for access to the system and ensure confidentiality at all times.
- To advise and to attend in person on any relocation of peripherals.
- Ensure the well upkeep of the computer hardware, making sure that engaged vendors carry out periodic preventive maintenance.
- Conduct periodic spot checks to ensure that users do not mishandle or misuse all equipment.
- Co-ordinate and conduct training sessions for new staff.
- Study the users’ needs and operational requirements on regular basis. Make recommendations to the Financial Controller for areas to make improvements.
- Log for records purpose and report all faults of the computer system to the Financial Controller. The reports shall state the nature of problems, system functions affected and causes of problem. In the event that these problem cannot be entirely eradicated due to system flaws, to study and recommend preventive solutions.
- Ensure that the environment of the computer room be maintained according to vendors’ specifications eg. room temperature, cleanliness etc.
- Troubleshoot and attend brainstorming sessions with section heads and recommend the best solutions for any operational problems.