- Responsible to direct, control and coordinate activities in rooms reservations, guest services, staff training, and administration, ensuring its effective operations and profitability of the Department.
Responsibility and Authority
- Coordinate with Housekeeping, Finance and other Departments in handling guests’ requests, inquires and complaints regarding accommodation, service and billing. Ensure that these activities are well executed to ensure guests’ satisfaction with accommodation and services.
- Formulate and enforce all policies, procedures, rules and regulations pertaining to Front Office activities and ensure that Front Office staff personally understand and adhere to such approved standard procedures and policies of the Hotel.
- See to the preparation and finalization of all Front Office reports, schedules and so on.
- Spot check employees’ performance regularly, correcting any mistakes and inadequacies.
- Train personnel according to the established procedures by conducting regular training, schedule meeting to discuss problems, give instructions and assignment of duties etc.
- Plan, manage and develop manpower of the department to maximize use of human resources at optimum cost.
- Ensure that the investigation of irregularities and undesirable guests and checks on room occupancy discrepancies are properly conducted.
- Receive and greet VIP guests and escort them to their rooms and attending to their inquiries, requests and needs.
- Attend to reservations and registration of special VIP guests personally.
- Recommend Hotel discount policies, approval of credit, accommodation and decide whether to upgrade guests’ accommodation to promote and maintain good public relations.
- Develop and implement procedures to govern Front Office activities and ensure the Front Office personnel understand and adhere to such approved standard procedures and policies of the Hotel.
- Ensure all guests accounts are properly maintained and controlled.
- Ensure an effective control rooms reservation to avoid overbooked situation and to maximize room revenue.
- Control expenses of the department to minimize loss and maximize revenue but not to compromise service.
- Prepare Front Official budget.