The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the overall management and day to day running of the Kitchen operations. From hiring and training the kitchen team, ordering F&B supplies, preparing food for service, maintaining a high level of food quality, selection and value to member and guests. The Executive Sous Chef is also responsible for achieving financial or budget guidelines and departmental goals.
1. Directs, controls and co-ordinates the activities of all chefs and commis cooks engaged in preparing and cooking food, to maintain an efficient, profitable and smooth food service at all times.
2. Develops attractive menus and creates standard recipe sheets with pictures according to the hotel’s policy.
1. Ensures that all food is prepared and served according to the standards set by the hotel.
2. Does and checks cooking and presentation of food including personally tasting the food.
1. Manages the kitchen budget wisely e.g. food cost and other expenses.
2. Develops and updates the kitchen operation procedure.